[kepler-users] accsessing the current workflow

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 10 15:01:24 PST 2006

Hi Srinath,
    The current workflow doesn't really have an ID, but there is a
concept of containment. All actors at the top level of a workflow (i.e.
ignoring composite actors which create a hierarchy) have the same
container. Parameters can be added to the workflow and those parameter
values can be used by any actor in the workflow using the expression
language. These parameters act as global variables.
    These shared parameters are usually examined before execution,
however. They cannot be used to pass dynamic values (ie. values
calculated when an actor fires).
    There is some discussion of this containment process in the Ptolemy
users manuals (but I don't remember where).

    Hopefully this is some help.

Dan Higgins
NCEAS

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195