[kepler-users] using custom java classes in kepler system

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 9 10:58:10 PST 2006

Hello Siva,

You can easily do this.  What you need to do is get your actor's java
class compiled and put in the kepler classpath.  then, to add it to the
actor library, create a directory under src/actors that is the name of
your actor.  add a MANIFEST and actor metadata file for your actor, then
run 'ant buildkarlib' from inside the kepler directory.  This will
create a KAR (kepler archive) file for your actor and put it in the
kepler/kar/actors directory where it should be read the next time kepler
starts.  You can look in any of the other src/actor directories to see
examples of how to build the directory for your actor.  Note that the
LSID of your actor and of the kar file (set in the MANIFEST file) must
be unique.  There is a readme file that should tell you what the last
lsid used is in the 'kar' and 'actor' namespaces.

Let us know if you need any other help. We're also available on IRC at
irc.ecoinformatics.org (#kepler) if you'd like real-time help.

thanks for your interest in kepler,
chad