[kepler-users] Issue with the Kepler Semantic Type Editor

Alexander Chenet chenet at flex-it.at
Wed Jan 4 09:19:41 PST 2006

Hello Kepler and Ptolemy users,

I have some issues regarding the Semantic Type Editor which is part of the Kepler software. In case you have never used the Semantic Type Editor: you can open it by right clicking on any actor in the Graph Editor window and selecting "Edit Semantic Type".
Well, here's my problems:

1) Adding a new ontology to the Semantic Type Editor:

The list of ontologies is stored under KEPLER_INSTALL_DIR/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/
I updated the index.html in that directory and put my OWL-file in the directory. After restaring Kepler, when opening the Semantic Type Editor again I get the following error:

"Configuration Error! Cannot locate ontology: path_to_my_owl_file!"

I found out that a Java exception is thrown in the constructor of org.kepler.sms.NamedOntModel but I could not find out what the problem really is. Does anybody have an idea where the error could come from? The OWL-file itself certainly is valid!

2) I could not find any documentation on how to use the Semantic Type Editor - except for the presentation "SSDBM2005Poster" which is part of the kepler 1.0.0.7 alpha distribution. Do you know of any other docs?

Any help would be appreciated!
Best regards,

Alexander Chenet.

flexIT - trainIT