[kepler-users] Modeling client-to-autonomously-updateable-service interractions

Maurice Yarrow myarrow at nortel.com
Mon Jan 2 10:46:01 PST 2006

Hello Kepler/ptolemy users

Which execution domain is best suited to modeling the interactions
between n clients and a service which will also be receiving
simultaneous updates of its stored information ?

Please let me elaborate just a bit more on this scenario:
A service exists - presumably a web service or web application - which
will be receving updates of some status information but these updates
will be on an irregular (indeterminate) basis.  Simultaneously and also
on an irregular basis, some number of clients will be contacting this
service and requesting this information from the service.

I have downloaded the complete PtolemyII and Kepler sources and compiled
them, and have run all the ptolemy and kepler demos in all the various
execution domains.  The most interesting of these (for my purposes)
appears to be the PN process network domain and the CI component
interaction domain.  However, only the CI domain appears to allow a push
model of update of actors, and this, coupled with a stack - or in the
case of the Router.xml model - a linked-list (used as a FIFO) appear to
be applicable to my needs.

But I am interested in any opinions on this subject that may enlighten
me and disabuse of my ignorance of model behavior and applicability to
the above problem.

Thanks
Regards

Maurice Yarrow