[kepler-users] TM execution domain

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:14:47 PST 2006

Hi Maurice
What's the stack dump?
Do you have a smallish test case?

TM is very experimental, but we'll do easy fixes on it.

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1770
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2739	      Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)

--------

    Hello Kepler Users

    I have tried to use the TM director for the parent of a fairly
    complicated bunch of DE composites in my workflow.  Note that my
    DE-based model as such does work but since there is no multithreading
    capability in it this poses some limitations on its behavior.    So I
    was hoping that the TM director could be used as the parent (i.e.,
    highest level) director.  Unfortunately, when I try this, the TM
    director stack-dumps after about 20 or 30 seconds. =20

    I know (documentation says so) that the TM director is "experimental",
    and not considered mature, but is there any take at this time as to
    whether this TM director can be fixed ?

    I don't believe that for what we are doing, that the Process Network
    director can be used, because the new NonDeterministic Merge is just
    that: I came up with a test case for it where subsequent actions were
    merged out of order to the time they were originated.

    Maurice Yarrow
    Nortel Networks Research Labs
    Santa Clara