[kepler-users] Run java program via Commandline actor

Ming George mgeorge72 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 02:54:51 PDT 2006

Hi,

I tried to run a java program using the Kepler command line exec actor. I am using Windowx XP environment. I wrote the command line in the command line Actor, let the output to a file,  and use SDF director. After I execute it, no output can be captured. What I did is following:

[1] If I type only "java" in the command line exec actor, I can see the output of the java program, just as you run it in any environment without giving the package
 name.

[3] If I type "java program", here the program is my java package name, in the actor, no output is written.

[4] I type "cmd /c java program" in the WinXP command line widow, the java program can be executed properly.

[5] If I type "java xxx", here xxx any random string, in the command exec actor, I would not get any output either.

[6] If I type any other windows command (Not java), they can also be executed properly.

Who can tell me what is the problem?  Did I miss anyting when I configure the commandline exec  actor?

Thanks

George