[kepler-users] Bi-directional pipe (equiv. to loop?)

Maurice Yarrow Maurice.Yarrow at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 11:36:47 PST 2005

Hello Kepler users:

This is probably a bunch of trivial questions, but...

Are any of the following possible:

  (1) A fires B, then (2) B fires A:

       -------     (1)    -------
       |     |----------->|     |
       |  A  |            |  B  |     (I would assume this is
       |     |<-----------|     |      trivially possible)
       -------     (2)    -------

  A and B communicate on same pipe (like socket communication)

       -------            -------
       |     |            |     |
       |  A  |<---------->|  B  |     (I would assume this is
       |     |            |     |      not possible)
       -------            -------

I assume this immediately above not possible because pipes (paths)
are unidirectional (?)

And lastly, can A conditionally send to either B or C ?

       -------            -------
       |     |  (true)          |
       |  A  |----------->|  B  |
       |     |            |     |

          | (false)                   (I would assume that this
          |                            is also trivially possible,
          V                            and that if this were NOT
       -------                         possible, then what would
       |     |                         be the point of workflow
       |  C  |                         at all !)
       |     |
       -------

Maurice Yarrow