[kepler-dev] kepler provenance browser

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 19 18:07:22 PDT 2008

Hi Bertram and Shawn,

REAP has a usecase about creating "a publication ready archive".  The
idea is that after running a workflow, an archive can be created that
contains the workflow and all relevant inputs and outputs. http://reap.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsecasePublicationReadyArchive

I've started on this usecase by extending the org.kepler.provenance
framework -- I've extended the SQL recording type so that it also
maintains files used or produced by a workflow and the workflow file
itself, inside the database (as blobs).

Now a provenance browser is desired, so that a user can peruse and
export a given workflow run to a pub-ready archive, and delete other
runs they don't want to keep. I've downloaded Kepler/pPOD and taken a
look at your provenance browser, and want to ask for your thoughts on
trying to rework it for this usecase. Do you think this is a good
idea? Will it be difficult to decouple from ppod specifics? Any
pointers on where I should start? I notice code that looks relevant in
kepler svn here: modules/provenance-apps/trunk/src/main/java/org/daks/
provenance

Thanks,
Derik