[kepler-dev] kepler build broken due to changes with ptolemy's port and relation getWidth() function

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 3 08:48:50 PST 2008

Hi Tristan,
Sorry about the lossage, it looks like the Kepler automatic build is
erroneously reporting that the build works properly.

I started fixing build problems, but I'm not sure how many problems
there are.  My write access to the kepler tree seems to be disabled, so
I can't check in my changes right now.  It could be something simple
on my end.

I've cc'd Bert Rodiers, who is responsible for the width inference work.
The width inference work is important because it fixes a long standing
usability issue surround multiport composite actors.

Bert, could you check out the svn head Kepler head and build it against
the latest ptII head and get a sense of how many changes are required
to update Kepler?  The instructions are at
http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DevelopmentForKepler
I suggest building with Eclipse even though building with Eclipse is
somewhat complex as the Eclipse build will tell you the total number of
errors, but "ant -k run-dev" halts at the first error.

Also, can someone look at the Kepler automatic build and see why it
is not reporting failures like:
compile-dev:
     [javac] Compiling 972 source files to
c:\tmp\cxh\src\kepler\build\classes
     [javac]
c:\tmp\cxh\src\kepler\build\src\org\ecoinformatics\seek\gis\gdal\GDALTranslateActor.java:131:
unre
ported exception ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException; must be
caught or declared to be thrown
     [javac]             "input width was" + inputFilename.getWidth());
     [javac]                                                       ^
     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

_Christopher