[kepler-dev] Kepler installation

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 22 14:48:33 PDT 2008

Hi Yaser,

Java version names are confusing, version 1.5 is the same thing as
version 5 (so you have the right one).

We do not officially support Vista yet. However I did try a Kepler 1.0
release candidate under Vista, and I believe most everything worked,
and I did not see the error you're reporting. However I was probably
using a user account with full Administrator rights. It looks like
cplibs.bat copies files into C:\WINDOWS\system32\. My guess is your
user account is not allowed to do this under Vista.

Can you try running the installer as a user with Administrator rights?

Thanks,
Derik