[kepler-dev] question about Diva's JCanvas

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 13 10:11:40 PDT 2008

At 02:20 AM 3/13/2008, ian.brown at hsbcib.com wrote:
>As for the memory issues, I already run with 1Gig allocated for the JVM. The main issue is that I have lots of composite actors and each one opens in its own window which in Java 6 apparently has its own back-buffer. I guess a 'solution' may be to allow a composite actor to open in the same window as the parent when navigating into it (a bit like following a link in a browser - normally the new page will open in the same browser window unless you explicitly ask for a new window). To complete this paradigm, the toolbar would need a 'up' button which would display the containing composite or model if one exists.

This is one of my objectives with an Eclipse and/or Netbeans integration...

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Chair of EECS and Robert S. Pepper Distinguished Professor
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
phone: 510-642-0253, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Faculty/Homepages/lee.html