[kepler-dev] PythonScript actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 12 17:33:25 PDT 2008

Hi Dan,
I had a look at this and the news is good!

When you install Jython, you can create a standalone
jython.jar which includes the cached versions of the
jar files and it looks like it includes the files
necessary to run the code below.

I created $PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/python/test/auto/PythonReadFile.xml
that uses your sample code.

The original Jython 2.2.1 jython.jar that I was using
would not work, I got a message about
ImportError: no module named javaos

When I reinstalled Jython by choosing the "Standalone" option, this
create a new jython.jar that then permitted the model to work.
I checked in that jython.jar into $PTII/lib.

One issue is that the jython.jar might have a cache of certain jar
files or be otherwise hardwired to my particular set up.

I modified configure.in so that it looks for jython in the path
and uses that directory if it is found and then checks for --with-jython.

I also modified $PTII/bin/ptinvoke.in to add -Dpython.home.

_Christopher