[kepler-dev] Python actors in Kepler

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 5 10:20:06 PST 2008

Hi All,

    I just added a $KEPLER/demos/Python/ directory to Kepler that
contains 2 example workflows from Ptolemy that illustrate the use of the
Python Script actor (since the Python actor code is now in the head of CVS).

    The Python actor actually uses the Java implementation of Python
(i.e. Jython). Jython is not only an implementation of Python, but also
a powerful scripting language for the Java code used in building
Kepler/Ptolemy. I can see a number of potential uses in Kepler and I
hope to add additional examples later. Input from other Kepler users
would be appreciated.

    Whether these examples are included in the 1.0 Kepler release is up
to those preparing the release.

Dan Higgins