[kepler-dev] string parameters

Izabell Caraconcea izabell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:50:16 PST 2008

Hi All,
I have created an actor with a parameter of type StringParameter. I'm using
it in a model and the model itself has a string parameter. I would like to
pass the value of the model's parameter to the actor's parameter. I've tried
all available methods to get the value of the actor's parameter. They work
fine when the value is set to a string (e.g. to "abc") and the actor behaves
the way it is supposed to. When I configure the actor's parameter to be
initialized from the string parameter of the model, all methods return the
variable name and not the value.
Say the string parameter of the model is called PM and its value is "abc".
When my actor fires the value of its parameter becomes "PM". I need it to be
"abc".
Could you explain me what's wrong and how to fix the error?

Thank you,
Izabell