[kepler-dev] Running multiple Kepler models programmatically

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:04:39 PST 2008

I wanted to get some advice from the Kepler architects about the best
approach for running multiple Kepler models programmatically, using
something like ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLSimpleApplication. I'm creating a
generic workflow engine service to run models (without GUI) and need to
know whether I should run each model in it's own JVM or whether I can
just use a separate thread for each model, while using the same JVM. I
think that the multiple thread approach would be easier to deal with,
but I'm getting some indications that models running in the same JVM
aren't entirely separate, even when I try to give them different
workspaces to use.

- Paul