[kepler-dev] [Fwd: Re: [kepler-users] Running Kepler from the commandline]

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at ornl.gov
Wed Apr 30 09:50:48 PDT 2008

Hi Niels,

I do not know if you can pass parameters at start-up, but there is a
   ptolemy.actor.parameters.ParameterSet    attribute
That can read a text file at start-up and create parameters in the workflow
from its content.

You can put this attribute into the workflow through Tools/Instantiate
Attribute

The parameters defined in the text file should not be created as Parameters
in the workflow as well, because the latter ones shadow the former ones.
However, you can create in the ParameterSet¹s dialog a parameter with a
value, which becomes the default value if that parameter happens NOT to be
defined in the text file.

You can put the text file to the same place as the workflow and refer to it
in ParameterSet without an absolute path (it does not look for it in the
current dir but in the dir of the workflow).

The text file format is the simplest: ³parameter=value²  lines,  # is
allowed for comments
You can use the defined parameters in the definition of other parameters;
they are evaluated after all are read in.

As far as I know, Dan is going to fix the start-up scripts so that you will
be able to run workflows from command-line on any platform.
I am using my own script on Linux for the same purpose and I can give it to
you but that is not part of the repository (and is .sh only not .bat).

Best regards
Norbert

  Norbert Podhorszki
  Scientific Computing Group
  National Center for Computational Sciences
  Oak Ridge National Laboratory
  Phone: (865) 574-7159