[kepler-dev] Creating a .xml file for new actor

Dan Homerick danhomerick at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 11:38:59 PDT 2007

Hello List,

In the Developer's tutorial (
http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KeplerDevelopersTutorial) it
says to use the kepler/src/actors/README file to know what LSID to use, and
to use the same # twice.  I notice that in many of the existing actors, the
LSID used for "entityId" differs from that used for "id" and that in most
cases the number used for "id" is greater than the current number in the
README.

Is the README still the official way to choose an LSID? If it is, does a
reused class id matter, or is only the entityId important?

If introducing a new actor via the newly implemented "self-contained jar +
MANIFEST.MF + actor.xml --> build kar" method, is there a method by which
you should choose ID#'s for multiple jar files?

Should we still specify a:
<property name="class" value="util.ImageJActor" class="
ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute">
<property name="id" value="urn:lsid:kepler-project.org:class:1077:1" class="
ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute"/>
</property>
if the actor is not part of the kepler source tree?

Most importantly I guess, is there documentation somewhere that expains the
.xml (MoML) file?

Sorry about all the question marks -- I probably shouldn't save up all my
questions for one email. =)

Cheers,
 - Dan