[kepler-dev] Problems with Eclipse Install

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 29 15:18:23 PDT 2007

Ken,

Sorry for the delay. I was out on Friday and bumped into a numerous
problems with getting cvs Kepler running under Eclipse on XP, but now
have it up.

Some of the problems I had to resolve:
	- Eclipse had problems with reading ptII's tcljava.htm file
(strange. A corrupt checkout from Friday? (...despite numerous
syncs?) I simply deleted this file for now and that fixed that).

	-Eclipse suddenly stopped launching at one point until I deleted its
configuration directory and moved eclipse to c:\eclipse (maybe it
didn't like launching from my Desktop, a path with spaces in its name).

	- Had to change Kepler VM arguments (the paths) to have quotes
around them, so spaces were understood.

I'm running java 1.5 update 13.

I get the same 11 errors you mention below, but like Izabell I am
able to Proceed on the "Proceed with launch" dialog when I click Run
and Kepler launches and runs fine. Do you not receive this option?
Apologies if you've already said as such in another email...

Derik