[kepler-dev] Kepler Web UI?

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:06:41 PDT 2007

We routinely put Ptolemy models behind web interfaces using applets.
By default, the visual editor (Vergil) gets exposed in the applets with
editing turned off, but it's a relatively simple change to allow
editing...

However, applets have major limitations. E.g., you can't save to the local
file system... Server-side facilities could fix this, or alternatively
you can use the webstart facility, which essentially runs the application
on the local platform, but with a web interface for maintaining the software
distribution, and without a "software installation" step.

Edward