[kepler-dev] Actor Parameter question

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 15 13:07:59 PDT 2007

Hi Eric,

If I understand you right, you just want to change the editor in the
configuration window, right?  If so, you'll want to extend
ptolemy.actor.gui.style.ParameterEditorStyle.  Once you have a new style
of editor widget, you can then set the "style" attribute on any moml
parameter to use your new editor.  If you want an example, search the
actor library for any actor that uses one of the styles in
ptolemy.actor.gui.style.  For instance, there are several that use the
FileChooser style to allow a user to select a file path into a
StringAttribute.  Instead of creating your own style, one of the
existing styles may work for what you want (possibly ChoiceStyle?).

If that's confusing, login to IRC and I can explain further.

chad