[kepler-dev] kepler sources within subversion

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 15 00:19:11 PST 2007

Unni,

We do not distribute the sources ourselves that way, but you can easily
get a copy of the source without the CVS directories (I don't know what
.cvs is, its not a file cvs uses) by running a "cvs export" command,
which creates a copy of the source without the version control
information.  However, I'm not sure how this will really help with your
synchronization issues.

As a side note, we will be moving Kepler (and all of our supported
projects) to subversion in the relatively near future.  I am currently
testing a new subversion system with a small group, and we will be
rolling out the full changeover to subversion to the several hundred
people with CVS accounts once we have all of the needed infrastructure
set up and tested.  No guarantees on schedule, though.  One advantage
you'll see is the ability to use subversions replication feature with
your local SVN repository.

Matt

Unnikrishnan Pillai wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right forum for this.
> Seeking help from other developers who are managing their local kepler development within subversion.
> My institution is using subversion and I'm running into difficulties with some locally developed actors.  My problem is that the
> hidden .cvs and .svn directories don't co-exist and it's proving very time consuming and painful every time I do a sync with latest
> kepler sources.
>
> Is there a way for me to obtain the kepler sources without .cvs directories. Some kind of release version of latest sources.
> Thanks
>
> Unni
>
> P.S. I'm looking through cvs man pages in the meantime...

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo