[kepler-dev] composite actors

Izabell Caraconcea izabell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:18:00 PST 2007

Hi All,
I need to understand how composite actors work.
I have the following situation:

I want to read from a file a set of values, then normalize them using the
known function
y = (x - min) / (max - min)
I created an actor with input, output and two port parameters (min,
max). Since I don't know the minimum/maximum beforehand, I guess I have to
compute them inside a composite actor (employing "Elements To Array", "Array
Min", "Array Max" actors) The execution of the composite actor will be
supervised by a SDF director. On the other hand, the container in which the
composite actor resides has its own SDF director. What should be the
relationship between the two directors? How can I schedule firing of the
composite actor before the execution of the containing workflow? Min and
Max should get computed once, before applying the normalization to each
value x (read from the file)

Since I'm posting this question, I'm adding one more :)
Regarding IO ports: how can I set their direction in my code? It should be a
member method and I'm missing it...

Thank you,
Izabell