[kepler-dev] running kepler workflows from command line

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 7 10:19:06 PST 2007

Hi Eric,

Ant targets "build_ptexecute" and "build_momlexecute" creates BAT files
for Windows to execute a workflow without the Kepler GUI.
Respective ant targets for Unix are "build_ptexecute_sh" and
"build_momlexecute_sh".

I use the momlexecute script to run my workflows on (remote) machines
without X connection (i.e. no displays at all). They are just processing
and creating files a lot.

I also use the ptolemy.actors.parameters.ParameterSet attribute from
Ptolemy (use Tools/Instantiate Attribute) within those workflows to read
parameters from a text config file.

Before you ask, I do not remember the difference between ptexecute and
momlexecute.

Best regards
Norbert

      Norbert Podhorszki