[kepler-dev] creating new data type

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 6 09:26:40 PST 2007

It is always possible to pass data as ObjectTokens.

You can also create your own tokens.

For more specific tokens, see
 ptolemy/actor/lib/jai/JAIImageToken.java
 ptolemy/actor/lib/jmf/JMFImageToken.java
 ptolemy/actor/lib/security/KeyToken.java

See also
 ptolemy/data/type/test/TestToken.java

_Christopher

--------

    Hi,

    I try to create some actor that will pass and get custom data type along
    it's ports. The data type contains data and it's metadata. For example,
    metadata could be include name, description, number of dimensions,
    coordinate variables (latitude, longitude etc.) and other informations
    that is related with data.

    I create two level data type class, the first level holds metadata and
    second one holds data. So, data extents the metadata and now, i could
    create a variable which holds it's metadata. In this case, ithink, i
    have to define this type in pyolemy/kepler as a known data type. When
    using created data type in port definition section (setTypeEquals), it
    gives me error messages.

    Is it possible to use custom user defined data type in actors and it's
    ports? What is the problem in my case? I you want to get detailed
    information, please let me know.

    Best wishes,

    --ufuk