[kepler-dev] Kepler startup 2

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed May 30 11:57:41 PDT 2007

Since my email followed up the layout of my previous message, let me
just attach the text!

Attached is a brief memo I put together with some Kepler startup times
under various conditions and some observations about those times. What
is interesting is just how long a cold start with no cache takes (the
case for the first time Kepler user). It appears to me that the startup
time depends on both the time to build the actor cache and to build the
actor library (tree).

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195