[kepler-dev] Kepler snapshot capability

Lisong Sun lisong.sun at pnl.gov
Tue May 29 16:43:33 PDT 2007

Dear Kepler developers,

Our project needs to generate a thumbnail kind of snapshot of current
workflow so that people can have a preview of the workflow in our
workflow organizer application before open it with Kepler. I found that
the Print menu option can be used for export a ps file of current
workflow window but it won't work for our case. I wonder if the snapshot
generation/export capability or function is available anywhere? If not,
is there any possible solution you can suggest?
Thanks.

Lisong Sun
Pacific Northwest National Lab.

======================================
Print function from Top.java
    /** Print the contents.  If this frame implements either the
     *  Printable or Pageable then those interfaces are used to print
     *  it.
     */
    protected void _print() {
        PrinterJob job = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();

        if (this instanceof Pageable) {
            job.setPageable((Pageable) this);
        } else if (this instanceof Printable) {
            PageFormat format = job.pageDialog(job.defaultPage());
            job.setPrintable((Printable) this, format);
        } else {
            // Can't print it.
            return;
        }

        if (job.printDialog()) {
            try {
                job.print();
            } catch (Exception ex) {
                MessageHandler.error("Printing Failed", ex);
            }
        }
    }