[kepler-dev] IOPort._tokenSent sync bug?

Carlos Rueda carueda at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 25 00:28:49 PDT 2007

Hello list,

I just started using IOPort.{add|remove}TokenSentListener in one of my
developments. In my case, removal of listeners can happen dynamically
according to conditions detected during notification of TokenSentEvents,
so, in particular, I call removeTokenSentListener in a different thread
that the one calling _tokenSent. However, this method is sometimes
throwing ConcurrentModificationExceptions. It seems _tokenSent is
lacking some appropriate synchronization to complement what's already
done in the add and remove listener methods. Am I overlooking something?
Can this be fixed? This is the version: IOPort.java,v 1.251 2006/10/02

I see that the mechanism here follows that of the _debugListeners in
NamedObj, except for the synchronization in the notification method.

Thanks!
Carlos