[kepler-dev] problem with type name mapping in WebService actor

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Tue May 22 13:57:19 PDT 2007

Hi Karen,

Your fixes last year seemed to break the execution of other array
types. So an update by Zhiming Zhao was provided on:

[1] The parsing for array type; mainly in configureActor() and
createPorts(Parameters params).
[2] The serialization for string array; in _sendOutput().

If there's a fix you could check in that supports all array types,
that would be great.

As a side note, we're updating the web service actor completely to
allow for basic, array and complex types. We'll keep the old version
of the actor around (maybe only in the archive) so there's no harm in
fixing that version.

Daniel Crawl from SPA is working on this.I you could send him the url
for your web service, he could test it with the new version.

Daniel: Could you please check in a clean current version of the new
web service actor with some test cases.

Thanks,
-ilkay

--
Ilkay ALTINTAS
Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT)