[kepler-dev] Kepler Training Videos - Loading Video

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed May 9 19:07:45 PDT 2007

Although it's a small accomplishment, I've finished the "loading
video" that is used when loading other larger videos or flash files.
The use of a loading video helps give the viewer the sense that
something is occurring immediately and that the process is not "hung."
Ideally, this video is very small and starts immediately.

To view the loading video (without actually loading anything else),
please see:

http://glenjarvis.com/kepler/LoadingDemo.swf

To show how this may help, I've taken a random video that is bulky
from my archives (It is a television commercial; please forgive me if
the content is offensive). This format is not ideal for streaming this
commercial. I've added the loading video in this process so it's
effect can be seen (at least in the time before the commercial begins
to play). Obviously, no training video should be this bulky.

To see the loading video in a demonstration, please see:

http://glenjarvis.com/kepler/LoadingDemo

I welcome any feedback for improvements for this first stage of
development. Also, for the loading video to be effective, a static and
permanent address needs to be allocated. The loading video is not
embedded into other videos. Instead, a link that points to the loading
video is given.

Warmest Regards,

Glen Jarvis
--
913-486-8775
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi