[kepler-dev] Question on linking two multiports

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 7 09:09:49 PDT 2007

Hi Ilkay,
Ptolemy II can handle changes in topology at run time.  You might
need to make these changes via MoMLChangeRequests though.

You could look at the BusAssembler and BusDisassembler actors for
simple multiport examples.  However, these actors do not use
MoMLChangeRequests.

I'm a little bit confused, since the port should have a notion of the
width.  See the BusAssembler and BusDisassembler actors.

_Christopher

--------

    Norbert, Christopher,

    Thanks for the tips. They might be a quick hack solution for what I
    would like to do, but I'm afraid it is not dynamic enough. (If I
    understood it correctly.)

    I'm trying to get data from a sensor dat logger and send the channel
    data through a multiport. So the width of the link will change each
    time I access to the data logger server dynamically.

    I tried to set it up in the actor code, but of course it is not the
    port which has the width so I couldn't set it up from the port.

    So maybe I can get the relations the actor is linked to at runtime
    and set the width of that relation. Do you think this would choke?

    Thanks!
    -ilkay

    --
    Ilkay ALTINTAS
    Lab Director, Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT)