[kepler-dev] another big checkin

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 16 19:08:51 PDT 2007

Hey Ilkay,

See below:

Ilkay Altintas wrote:

> Chad, Kirsten,
>
> Thanks for all the updates. I've just tested the docs a little bit and
> have a few questions.
>
> 1. Documentation for some generic actors says null. We used to have
> documentation for these actors. (Example: WebService actor)

The documentation either needs to get moved to the moml file, or the
KeplerDocumentationAttribute in that moml file needs to be removed.  If
the KeplerDocumentationAttribute exists, it won't go try to find the
other docs.  If you're going to do it, you should just move the
documentation to the moml file so that it will show up on the website
and so it will be more portable.

> 2. If the documentation window is open for one actor, it does not
> refresh when I try display the doc for another actor.

Did this used to work?  I noticed this too.  If I broke it, I'll fix it.
  If I didn't, I'll blame someone else and tell them to fix it :)  It
might have something to do with the fact that only one docTableau can be
open at the same time.  We might have to ask EAL about this.

> 3. Do we distinguish now between the documentation actor and class author?

did you mean "author" instead of "actor"?  If so, no.  The author listed
in the docs is the author of the actor.  say that 3 times fast: "author
of the actor, author of the actor, author of the actor..."

> 4. It would be really nice to be able to view the documentation without
> having to drag and drop the actor, i.e., from the left pane library with
> a right-click context menu. Do we have any plans for this? Just an idea
> that was mentioned to me by a user.

I fully agree.  It wouldn't be too hard to put a rt. click menu on
actors in the tree to fetch the docs.  Put it in bugzilla and maybe I'll
get to it in 2009 :)  Just kidding, it shouldn't be too hard.

chad