[kepler-dev] Changing icons for composite actors

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 18 14:33:01 PDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Laura L. Downey wrote:
> For reference, the two config files that talk about assigning icons by class
> or LSID are:
>
> kepler\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.properties
> kepler\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\uiSVGIconMappingsByLSID.properties

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the pointers. Based on that info, an illegal solution for my
problem is to edit the moml file and change the 'entityID' property of the
composite. I just gave it an arbitrary lsid already present in the above
config file and then Kepler presented the icon assigned to it. This is for
fun only; in reality, I do not want to put the lsid of let's say
FileExistenceMonitor (present in the config) into the composite in the
moml.

I have also realized that I can add arbitrary lsid formatted strings
(e.g. urn:\lsid\:kepler-project.org\:iconfamily\:1\:1=fileop) and use that
as entityID in the moml file.
Which is again an illegal but working solution as long as someone else
tries to use this id (the original one) for something else.

Chad's suggestion would be a legal solution...

Norbert