[kepler-dev] ssh actors parameter passing

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 13 10:59:57 PDT 2007

Hi Unni,

I was the developer of the SSH actors. You cannot specify ports.
Although the underlying src/org/kepler/ssh base code allows to specify
the ports, none of the actors have been modified to do that.

None of the options common for OpenSSH can be used here, as Kepler does
not use openssh, but a java ssh implementation (JSch package).

Norbert

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Unni Pillai wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Can someone point me to the correct syntax for target input while
> using existing kepler ssh actors such as "SSH Directory Listing"
>
> I'm observing that I can monitor folders on machines where I'm
> logging in using normal ssh syntax of ssh user at machine.name.edu
>
> However when I attempt to login using the following syntax i.e. my
> Target parameter is set as below:
> $ ssh -p 7688 user at machine.outsideNYU.org
>
> I'm observing that I'm getting a java exception
> [java] ERROR (org.kepler.ssh.SshSession:connect:156) Exception caught
> in SshSession.connect to -p 7688 user at machine.outsideNYU.org:22.
> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: timeout: socket is not established
>      [java] ERROR (org.kepler.actor.io.SshDirectoryList:fire:309)
> SshDirectoryList error at remote directory reading.
> org.kepler.ssh.SshException: Exception caught in SshSession.connect
> to -p 7688 user at machine.outsideNYU.org:22
>

> my Target is set as "-p 7688 user at machine.outsideNYU.org"  This works
> from regular bash shell but does not work within Kepler workflow
>
> Thanks
> Unni

      Norbert Podhorszki
      University of California, Davis