[kepler-dev] Subject: Kepler Startup times

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 6 09:26:03 PDT 2007

There are two different tasks in the build file.  One is "run" which
builds only jar files (I think with only classes in them, at least for
kepler, not sure about ptII) and the other which is "run-dev" which runs
kepler from the build/classes directory and doesn't build any jar files.
  The run-dev takes less time to startup for developers who have to
rebuild all the time and don't want to wait for jar files.  The run
target probably takes less time to startup once the jar files are built.
  I haven't tried comparing them though.

chad