[kepler-dev] RExpression image output

Tristan King tristan.king at jcu.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 20:49:40 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 06:51 -0800, Dan Higgins wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
>     You are perfectly correct about the preset graphics device crashing
> R. What I forgot is that the 'png' code added at the start can be
> 'turned off' by setting the Graphics Output parameter to false!  (see
> line #322). You should then be able to customize the graphicsDevice
> within the script.

Turning the Graphics Output parameter off stops the png code from being
added, but when it is turned off, even if i add the bitmap() line to the
expression code, graphicsDevice (initialised at #320) is never set, and
thus the graphicsFileName port never sees any output (see #553). The png
file still gets written, but there is no reference to it in the
workflow. So as far as I can tell, there is no way to get around this
problem without editing the RExpression actor's code.

-Tristan