[kepler-dev] Type error with NondeterministicMerge under Kepler

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 8 16:07:37 PDT 2007

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the double check. So there is no problem with Kepler.
Really, by instantiating the nondet.merge actor, the Kepler version is
also working. This is the only way to get it on screen anyway. And then,
the ports' has no fixed types.

When building that erroneous workflow, I have copy/pasted the nondet.merge
actor from Bruce's workflow. He has copied it from some other workflow
of someone else who copied it from a workflow of mine from the past...

I have no idea now why that instance had fixed general type but I suspect
it comes from some effort where I just wanted to merge tokens with
different types or something. Maybe trying to avoid the type checker when
I was a beginner-beginner developer? And now it hit back and I made it
public myself. Humiliating :-(

Norbert
now experienced-beginner developer