[kepler-dev] modeling question about producing f(A, x), f(A, y)...

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 3 14:01:07 PDT 2007

Hi Bertram,

A3 should pair a1 with as many tokens on the second stream as many comes
there. There is no a2 in this problem.

For you Bertram, the specification is the following: we need something
which could be used practically as an input parameter, but the value is
determined during the workflow run (and only once). In scripting
languages, we use variables for this purpose.

Having no good way of using variables in workflows, we have to wire up
everything to deliver the value from the producer to all consumers (as
many times they intend to use it).

Of course, you cannot make a Java actor work this way. It would be blocked
on the first input port. But if you look at the PN solution I attached
earlier, a composite workflow can make as many repetition of the single
token as many token arrives on the second:

         a1
       ...,z,y,x

Norbert