[kepler-dev] Actor Documentation

kirsten menger kma500 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:40:36 PDT 2007

 Hi folks, Aside from a few glitches (director and parameter docs do not yet appear), most of the actor docs that I drafted are in Kepler now (the nightly build). There are a few actors that I still have questions about. If you see any in the below list that you can help with, please send info! In some cases (like GriddlesExec), I was not sure what some of the ports/parameters did, and I noted my questions in the right-click actor documentation. In other cases(TransitiveClosureDatabaseQuery), I wasn't sure where to begin. I also need more information about the GAMESS actors. Also: please let me know if you notice anything that is not correct in the docs, or anything more that should be said (additional context, useful applications, behaviors to note, etc). I'm hoping that now that the docs are more easily accessible, you'll have lots of feedback that I can use to improve them.

Thanks for your help!
kirsten
GriddlesExec (need info about some of the ports and params)JCOGGridFTP (need basic info about when to use this actor and how)JCOGPROXYExec (need basic info about when to use this actor and how)JCOGWorkflowExec (need basic info about when to use this actor and how)RunJobGridClient (not sure when to use this/GlobusJob/ParametizedGlobusJob)TransitiveClosureDatabaseQuery (need basic info about when to use this actor and how)VariableSetter (need basic info about when to use this actor and how it works)
Interpolate (What kind of dataset can this actor accept? Is there a specific string format that needs to be input? What does "Spacing between the grid cells" mean (x grid spacing/y grid spacing)? What does set radius param do? what is "The search space" How is the weight coefficient property used? What values can it have?
InvokeService (What are the inputs and outputs? What is the value parameter? What kind of service does this actor invoke? Is it project specific?) -----GAMESS
GAMESS > Process Utility Actors (need info about how these are used and what they input and output)
GamessLocalRun (what is the difference between gamessOutputHandle and gamessDataHandle ports?)DataGroup (need info on params/ports and how actor is used)EndGamessInput (need info on ports and how actor is used)FormattedGroup (need info on params/ports and how actor is used)KeywordGroup (need info on params/ports and how actor is used)
StartGamessInput (need info on params/ports and how actor is used)----