[kepler-dev] Problem with kepler-beta3 installer

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 11 09:56:05 PDT 2007

Hi Terry,
    Thanks for reporting the problem with the Kepler beta1 installer not
recognizing Java 1.6. I think the problem is with an old version of
InstallAnywhere that I used to build the installer. We may want to use a
different intaller builder for future releases.

    In the meantime. you could use the installer that includes a Java
jre is you have the disk space. This is Java 1.5 but it will only be
used by Kepler and should not interfere with your already installed Java
1.6 JDK.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195