[kepler-dev] Tutorials and Demos

Deana D. Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Wed Apr 4 08:47:17 PDT 2007

This is great!  Yes, we did a little bit with movies, but it was a rather
half-hearted attempt because Kepler was not very far along and we knew it was
going to change dramatically.  Send me your examples -- I'd be happy to work
with you getting some more of these.

Not pressing - I'm in a meeting this week and probably won't start working on
this until late next week.  So perhaps I'll have a set of workflows ready to
send you when you have the time in a few weeks.

Deana

Quoting Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com>:

> Deana,
>    I be happy to test for you. I've never been an official "tester"
> before. I've usually only been involved in code maintenance and small
>
> developments. However, I do seem to have a natural talent for fine
> detail and finding weaknesses in programs.
>
>    Are any of your demos web-based-movies? I have considerable
> experience with creating web movies and have made one that is related
>
> to technology similar to Kepler. I saw some of the demos on our
> website that were on a Linux platform and involved communication in a
>
> chat window and that showed a few sample demonstrations in Kepler.
>
>    If you could use a web streaming movie in your work, would you like
>
> to see a sample of work I have already completed? I only have this
> available in Windows Media Player or in Apple Quicktime; I need to
> find an easy way to convert to Flash.
>
>    Regardless, I'll do what I can to help. And, as a new set of eyes,
>
> I may be a good tester in this situation. I, unfortunately, will be
> out of touch for the next few weeks. But, if this isn't pressing, I'd
>
> happily test for you when I've finished my near-deadline-projects.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>

> Glen Jarvis
> --
> 913-486-8775
> glen at glenjarvis.com
> http://www.glenjarvis.com
>
> "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi
>
> Glen,
>
> I plan to work on the tutorials and demos beginning in a week or so --
> both
> updating the ones we have and constructing new ones.  It would be great
> if I
> could send them to you to "test" as I get them done.
>
> Thanks,
> Deana Pennington

Dr. Deana D. Pennington
Long-term Ecological Research Network Office

UNM Biology Department
MSC03  2020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001