[kepler-dev] EML Unit information in Kepler

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 27 10:26:39 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,

Yes, I think it is a feature we should expose.  We need a general way to
expose all of the metadata via the actor.  It would be easy enough to
make it available on a 'metadata' port, but this is a bit of a hack --
we really need to parse the metadata and make it available in a more
structured way consistent with how Ptolemy would expect.  For example,
Ptolemy's ports can have unit assignments, so we could be modifying the
ports themselves to reflect the units.  We need to discuss how to handle
this, and as Shawn indicates, we probably need to revamp how data is
managed in Kepler altogether.

Matt