[kepler-dev] Threading in kepler

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 13 07:57:57 PDT 2006

Hi Tristan,

AFAIK there is no any director in Ptolemy, that can assign multiple
threads to an actor. PN executes exactly one thread per actor.

Generally, people would become very angry if an actor would silently
process tokens in parallel:
a. what if tokens depend on each other?
b. order of tokens can change.

Your nicest solution would be to create a new director which can execute
an actor in parallel ;-)

Norbert

      Norbert Podhorszki
      University of California, Davis