[kepler-dev] confused about the MOML file

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:25:27 PST 2006

Just a slight addition to Matt's comments ---

If you have a new java-based actor (rahter than a composite), you need
to add its class to the classpath. Then you can use the
"Tools/Instantiate Component" to get it to display on the canvas (using
the path to its class). Once it appears on the canvas, you can then use
the 'Export to KAR' popup menu to automatically generate a KAR file.
Note that you might want to try the "Semantic Type Annotation..." popup
first to set where it appears in the actor menu. To get it to appear in
the actor tree, you can then use the "File/Import Archive" menu

Dan Higgins

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195