[kepler-dev] the ability to pause/adjust/restart a workflow

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Fri Nov 10 12:41:57 PST 2006

Just wanted to report from the Semantic Web User Interaction workshop I just
attended as part of the International Semantic Web conference, that someone
from University of Zurich came up to me after my presentation and
specifically mentioned Kepler and was quite aware of it.  This was good.
However, the drawback was that they had decided against using it for their
needs because it lacks the specific ability to pause/adjust/restart a
workflow and they said this was critical to their work.  They are
computational chemists.

I know I have put that feature on the usability list of useful features for
scientists as a result of some of my reviews and feedback from our
scientists at workshops.  And I believe Deana had identified that too before
I arrived on the project and maybe some of the rest of you too.  But I just
wanted to raise this issue again for future consideration.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office
Department of Biology, MSC03 2020