[kepler-dev] How to get the reference to the current workflow window?

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed May 24 09:33:52 PDT 2006

Hi Zhijie,

Look at ptolemy.actor.gui.Tableau, Effigy and Configuration.

Note that if you have a NamedObj, you should be able Configuration.findEffigy()
ptII/ptolemy/actor/gui/Configuration.java says:
 To access the configuration from a random place, if you have a
 NamedObj, then you can call Configuration.findEffigy().  This is a
 static method.  Then call Effigy.toplevel(). The result will always be
 the configuration.

See also ptII.gui.ComponentDialog and classes that use it.

_Christopher

--------

    Hi,

    Does anybody have the experience on how to get a reference to the
    current workflow window?

    One of my actor needs to pop up a dialog for user login. I would like
    locate this dialog in the middle of the current focused window frame
    instead of the middle of the computer screen. So I need to get a
    reference to the current workflow window. Does anybody have any idea
    on how to get it from Vergil?

    Thanks!

    Zhijie