[kepler-dev] FindBugs: A static analyzer that finds bugs in Java Class files

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri May 19 15:25:47 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,

Rats, sorry about that.  I was afraid that the change would cause
problems, but thought it was worth it.  I did not expect that
particular problem to occur though.

I guess ant really wants to resolve all the tasks before starting up.
That's a design decision that has plusses and minuses - The plus side
is that it is fairly likely that all the taskdefs are defined.  The
downside is that each developer must have a the same set of taskdefs.

There is probably a way to to have the taskdef be optional, but I'm
not sure what it would be.   Any ideas?

This is not worth spending much effort on right now, I'm sure there
are bigger fish to fry.  However, the output from FindBugs is
interesting, I've seen a couple of issues in the Ptolemy tree that are
worth more research.

_Christopher

--------

    Christopher,
        It looks like something you changed in the Kepler build.xml requires
    the FindBugTask code to even start up ant! I am not getting

    C:\work\kepler\build.xml:1546: taskdef class
    edu.umd.cs.findbugs.anttask.FindBug
    sTask cannot be found

    if I even just type 'ant'. I am going to comment out the <taskdef>
    statement in build so people don't have to have it

    Dan

    Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
    http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
    National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Scienc
   e Building - Room 3405
    Santa Barbara, CA 93195