[kepler-dev] Kepler startup problem with cipres

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri May 19 10:09:00 PDT 2006

Kepler won't start for me on two different machines, I get:

     [echo] java.library.path=c:/WINDOWS/system32
     [java] Opening user library C:\Documents and  Settings\cxh\.ptolemyII\UserLibrary.xml...
     [java] KAR Library directories: [C:\cxh\src\kepler\kar\actors,
     C:\cxh\src\kepler\kar\directors]
     [java] org.xml.sax.SAXException: unable to add
     'default-std-err-dir' to <cipres-kepler-registry> due to the following exception:
     [java] >>>--- Begin Exception ---<<<
     [java] java.lang.Exception: Unable to locate or create
     defaultStdErrDir at
/Users/zhijieguan/.kepler/tmp/cipres/temp/
     [java]     at
     org.cipres.kepler.registry.CipresKeplerRegistry.setDefaultStd
ErrDir(CipresKeplerRegistry.java:71)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
     Method)
     [java]     at
     sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at
     sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
     [java]     at
     org.exolab.castor.mapping.loader.FieldHandlerImpl.setValue(Fi
eldHandlerImpl.java:463)
     [java]     at
     org.exolab.castor.xml.UnmarshalHandler.endElement(UnmarshalHa
ndler.java:803)
     [java]     at
     org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknow
n Source)
     [java]     at
     org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEnd
Element(Unknown Source)

Looks like a path is hard coded in?