[kepler-dev] Custom actor deployment

Mohana Ramaratnam mramarat at wustl.edu
Fri May 12 06:43:25 PDT 2006

Hi Siva,

I developed a custom actor (with its own icon and as part of a new
collection under the Domain Specific Actors) and these are the steps
that I took:

a) The java file for my actor, say CustomActor, was created within its
own package in the $KEPLER/src folder
b) Created CustomActor folder within $KEPLER/src/actors and created
CustomActor.xml and MANIFEST.MF with appropriate class names and LSID's.
c) Creating a custom icon see:
http://plone.jcu.edu.au/dart/work-packages/dmq/dmq5/kepler/keplericons
d) To create a new collection within the Kepler Ontology: modify
C:\Project\kepler\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\ontologies\keplerActorOntology.owl
file. The entries that I added were:

<owl:Class rdf:about="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:1:1#NRGMRIActor">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class
rdf:about="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:1:1#DomainSpecificActor"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:label rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >NRG Neuro</rdfs:label>
  </owl:Class>

(the above creates a collection under Domain Specific Actor within the
Kepler Octology) and in the CustomActor.xml file I added:

<property name="semanticType00"
value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:1:1#NRGMRIActor"
      class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>

the above line made sure that my custom actor was browsable under the
NRG Neuro grouping.

Hope that helps

Mohana