[kepler-dev] Documentation display in Kepler

Zhijie Guan guan at sdsc.edu
Fri May 5 00:25:03 PDT 2006

Hi Edward,

Thanks for adding setDisplayName() to NamedObj. I like this feature.

I have tried this method in my code. But unfortunately the Display
Name cannot be displayed with the port, instead, the port's name is
still displayed.

For example, in the Actor/CIPRes/Initializer actor, I used the
following code to set a different display name:

       // construct the output port outputTrigger
         outputTrigger= new TypedIOPort(this, "outputTrigger", false,
true);
         outputTrigger.setDisplayName("Trigger");

When I run this actor and configure the port "outputTrigger" to show
its name, the port name "outputTrigger" is shown instead of the
display name "Trigger".

I guess it is because the code for displaying DisplayName is not
changed yet. Could you please guide me where I should look for these
code? I think since now we have DisplayName for all the NamedObj, we
need to change the displaying code in multiple places.

Zhijie