[kepler-dev] Ptolemy build

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed May 3 11:08:17 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure what's up with the nightly build.
Pending resolution of this, I backed out my changes.

BTW - what I was trying to fix was that I find the way Ptolemy is
built for Kepler is confusing and makes it difficult to quickly build
Ptolemy.  The problem is that "ant ptolemy" builds the jar files,
which takes several minutes.  I was also trying to get the links in
the Ptolemy html files to work.

Anyway, the build works fine for me on the machines I tried.

The first error message is:
  /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/kepler/build-ptolemy.xml:106:
    /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/ptII/ptolemy/distributed/config not found.

Perhaps the cvs update failed?
Does this directory exist?
    /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/ptII/ptolemy/distributed/config not found.

I can't replicate that message.

The Kepler build later fails with:
    [javac] Compiling 857 source files to
 /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/kepler/build/classes
    [javac]
 /var/kepler/kepler-nightly-build/kepler/build/src/com/numericsolutions/geomodeltools/DensityGridActor.java:35:
 cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class TypedAtomicActor
    [javac] location: package actor
    [javac] import ptolemy.actor.TypedAtomicActor;

Perhaps the ptII tree is not present?

I dunno.

_Christopher
--------

    Christopher,

    It looks like last nights Keplers build failed in building Ptolemy. Is the
    current ptolemy-build ant script working?  (I thouht I noticed you changed
    something yesterday, but I am in a meeting and haven't had time to look at
    the details)

    Dan
--------